Safeguarding and Child Protection
We take the safety of our children very seriously. We make every effort to provide a safe and welcoming environment underpinned by a culture of openness where both children and adults feel secure, able to talk and believe they are being listened to. We have clear policies in place to support our safeguarding practice and maintain an attitude of "it could happen here".
If you have a concern regarding the safety and well-being of children please:
- Listen, Reassure, Support
- Never stop a child but don't push them to tell you more that they wish.
- Do not promise confidentiality, make it clear that you need to pass on information to those who may be able to help.
- Write an account of the conversation immediately, as close to verbatim as possible.
- Put the date and timings on the record, sign it, and give it to a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) as soon as reasonably possible.
Designated Safeguarding Leads
- Theresa Jerrom - Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Sharon Ashton - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Gareth Dix - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Jan Qualie - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Rachel Digman - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Jane Barbury - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Tris Kelly - Safeguarding Governor
Click here for our Safeguarding and E-Safety Web Links.